AUTONET VERITAS SERVICES S.A (“Company” or “us“), which you can contact at email@example.com or from https://avsautomotive.com would like to inform you of how we collect, use and generally processes your personal data when you visit this site. The address of our website is: https://avsautomotive.com
What is the processing of personal data
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Different pieces of information, which collected together can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitute personal data.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) offers a uniform, Europe-wide possibility for so-called ‘commissioned data processing’, which is the gathering, processing or use of personal data by a processor in accordance with the instructions of the controller based on a contract.
What personal data we collect
We only collect the necessary personal information that is appropriate and clear for its intended purpose. These personal data include:
- Registration Data, meaning the information you submit to register for a Company Service, for example to create an account, post comments, receive a newsletter or enter a competition. Registration information may include, for example, first name, last name, email address, gender, country, zip code and date of birth.
- Public data and posts consisting of comments or content you post on the Company Services and your personal data accompanying those posts or content, which may include your nickname, username, comments, likes, status , your profile information and photo. Public information and posts are always public, which means they are available to everyone and may appear in search results on external search engines.
- Activity Data and Login Data. When you access and interact with the Company’s online Support Services, we may collect certain information about those visits. For example, to allow you to connect to the Company’s Services, in addition to the necessary identifiers provided by the Company to you (username/password), our servers receive and record information about the computer, device and your browser, possibly including your IP address, browser type, what kind of software you downloaded or activated, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Company’s services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geographic distribution data, or other transactional information about that device.
How we process your data
Your personal data is processed both by electronic and manual means and is protected with appropriate security measures, taking into account the latest technology, the cost of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purpose of the processing as well as the different probabilities and the seriousness of the risk to the rights and freedoms of persons. Specifically, the Company uses appropriate administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures aimed at protecting the personal data in its possession from loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
Below you will find details of how we use your Data and why:
- Product orders: The Company processes your Data in order to fulfill its contractual relationship, process the order for products and/or services, provide customer service, comply with legal obligations, counter, raise or exercise legal claims. If we do not collect your Data at checkout from either our physical stores or our online store, we will not be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. Your Data may need to be transferred to third parties for the supply or delivery of the product or service you have ordered. In addition, we may retain your Data for a reasonable period of time in order to fulfill our contractual obligations, such as product returns, as required by relevant law.
- Creating a User Account: The Company processes your Data in order to provide you with account functions and to facilitate the purchase of products and/or services.
- Contact: The Company uses your Data to respond to your requests/queries, refund requests and/or complaints. The information you share with us enables us to manage your requests and respond to you in the best possible way. We may also keep a record of your queries/requests to us to better respond to any future communications. We do this based on our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests to provide you with the best possible service and to be able to improve our services based on your own personal experience.
- Sometimes, we will need to share your Data with a third party that provides a service (such as courier delivery or a technician visiting your home). Without you sharing your personal data, we would not be able to fulfill your request.
- Sending a newsletter/offers: With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and transaction details to inform you via e-mail, internet, phone and/or social media about relevant products and services, including personalized/personalized offers, discounts, etc. Of course you have the possibility to withdraw this consent at any time.
- Web push notifications: Depending on your navigation, you may receive, having previously given your consent, notifications about our offers. Of course you have the possibility to withdraw this consent at any time.
- Participation in Contests: The Company processes your Data, in case you agree to participate in contests it conducts, to notify you if you are a winner of the contest and to deliver your prize to you.
- Protecting your account from fraud and other illegal activities: This includes using your Data to maintain, update and protect your account. We also monitor browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any issues and protect the integrity of our website. All of the above are part of our legitimate interest. For example, we check your password when you log in and use automated IP address tracking to detect potential fraudulent logins from unexpected locations.
- Processing payments and preventing fraudulent transactions: We do this based on our legitimate business interests. This also helps protect our customers from fraud.
Why we collect your data
We collect your Data for the purposes of the products and/or services provided by our Company and in particular for:
- managing the sale of our products/or services, e.g. communicating and informing you about the availability of products and the progress of your order, the execution of your order, the shipment of the products, the management of your debts to the COMPANY, the making of returns and the provision of guarantees.
- compliance with the obligations imposed by the current legislation, e.g. tax legislation, e-commerce directive,
- checking, improving and adapting to your preferences and choices regarding our products and/or services;
- sending, by electronic or traditional means, administrative, technological, organizational and/or commercial information about the Company’s products and/or services.
- our customer satisfaction survey, the promotion of our products and/or services, sending newsletters about our products and/or services,
- the evaluation of applications and CVs for the purpose of recruitment to our Company.
Who we share your data with
Access to your Data is given to the absolutely necessary personnel of the Company, who are bound by confidentiality, and the companies cooperating with us or third-party service providers, who process your Data as Processors on our behalf and in accordance with our orders.
The Processors on our behalf have agreed and contractually committed to the Company:
- to maintain confidentiality,
- not to send your Data to third parties without the Company’s permission,
- take appropriate security measures,
- to comply with the legal framework for the protection of personal data and in particular Regulation 979/2016/EU (otherwise known as GDPR).
How long we retain your data
Belmond only retains your personal data for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected, unless we are required or permitted by law to keep the personal data for longer.
We maintain the appropriate level of data protection and have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, tampering, unauthorized disclosure or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise how object is processed.
What rights you have over your data
You have the right to:
- information about the processing of your personal data;
- obtain access to the personal data held about you;
- ask for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete personal data to be corrected;
- request that personal data be erased when it’s no longer needed or if processing it is unlawful;
- object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in specific cases;
- receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and send it to another controller (‘data portability’);
- request that decisions based on automated processing concerning you or significantly affecting you and based on your personal data are made by natural persons, not only by computers. You also have the right in this case to express your point of view and to contest the decision.
To exercise your rights you should contact the company or organisation processing your personal data, also known as the controller. If the company/organisation has a Data Protection Officer (‘DPO’) you may address your request to the DPO. The company/organisation must respond to your requests without undue delay and at the latest within 1 month. If the company/organisation doesn’t intend to comply with your request they must state the reason why. You may be asked to provide information to confirm your identity (such as, clicking a verification link, entering a username or password) in order to exercise your rights.